Learning Futures – Futures of Learning Conference
10–12 June 2020
– Helsinki, Finland
As we move further into the 21st century, we need to renew our understanding of what it means to learn, teach, and develop new knowledge. Education systems and learning processes for people of all ages are needed to navigate uncertainty, address known problems, identify new ones, and be able to detect and make the sense of emergent issues and opportunities. The roles of education and learning are also becoming more essential in solving the pressing global ecological, cultural, societal and economic challenges. One pathway for renewal is the development of futures learning at all levels of education and in wider society.
The four distinguished keynotes are:
· Sanna Järvelä is a Professor in the field of learning and educational technology and a head of the Learning and Educational Technology Research Unit (LET), University of Oulu, Finland.
· Roberto Poli is Full Professor teaching Philosophy, Applied Ethics and Futures Studies at the Faculty of Sociology of the University of Trento, Italy.
· Laura Pouru is leading the research, education and development activities of the UNESCO Chair in Learning Society and Futures of Education held at the University of Turku, Finland since 2016.
· Markku Wilenius is Professor of Futures Studies in Turku School of Economics at the University of Turku, Finland. He also holds the position of UNESCO Chair in Learning Society and Futures of Education.
· They hope to confirm the fifth keynote asap..